Did you know that January 17th is Ditch New Year’s Resolution Day? Do you know that, according to some studies, almost 80% of people who make New Year’s resolutions abandon them at some point during the year and only about 12% succeed with their resolutions? Don’t let that be you.
Making a New Year’s Resolution is another way of saying you’d like to make a behavioral change. You want to do something different this year to attain a certain goal and to continue with this change.
Here are my top 10 tips to turn your resolutions into reality:
- Limit the number of resolutions. Work on changing one or two things at a time.
- Make your goals attainable, measurable and realistic. Instead of going from never working out to planning on working out 7 days a week, begin by setting the goal at 2 days a week.
- Make a plan to reach that 1st, small, attainable goal. What’s your plan to get to the gym 2 days a week?
- Visualize yourself having reached your goal.
- Believe in yourself
- Do one thing each day that will help you reach your goal.
- Track your progress.
- Consider enlisting the support of others.
- Make your goal specific.
- Focus on the small achievements and reward yourself for them.
To read the complete article, please visit: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/life-without-anxiety/201801/tips-make-your-new-year-s-resolutions-stick
Happy New Year! Enjoy your new habits!